Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Neighbor’s Cat

Shortly after our neighbor’s moved next door this past fall, their inside cat got out and lost. We found him crying on our front porch and determined to get into our house. He was so sad & sweet. Grace & I had fun holding him and giving him a little comfort. Well, last night the poor thing was out and confused again!

It was a little after 3:00 am, and I awoke hearing a strange sound at the front door. My dad works a late shift, and with the storms last night, I thought maybe the garage door wasn’t working and he needed inside. However, when I looked through the peep hole, I didn’t see anyone. Just as I was trying to make my middle of the night brain work, I jumped with the sound of pawing again, and this time it was followed with meowing that was quite loud.

My natural love instinct for animals made me truly want to open the door and help the distressed animal, but I knew as sure as I did we would have a wet scared cat loose in the house. I had to simply leave him to wait at the door until morning.

As I got back in bed, a strange feeling came over me, and I felt God tell me that I was just like that cat. WHAT!...was my immediate reply. Am I meowing at the wrong door? No…I know we are at the exact place that God has called us to be. He has been very clear, and we have been obedient. I am at the right door.

However, just like the neighbor’s cat, the door that I am sitting at is not ready to be opened. It was better for the cat to sit and wait…just like God has seen fit for our family to wait.

I know that He still loves me and has a perfect plan. I had a great plan for the cat this morning…I guess there are nights when we just feel confussed & wet. The great thing is that we serve a God that is able to wrap us in His arms and sit on the porch with us!

Waiting in His Arms,
AT

No comments: