Isaiah 45:9"Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker, to him who is but a potsherd among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?' Does your work say, 'He has no hands'?”
Who chooses what type of vessel the clay will become? Of course it is the potter.
I once saw a skit where a child was about to be “born” and asked God to give her a bubbly personality…and He said no. She was to be introverted because that was how He wanted to use her for His glory.
Have you ever asked God the change you into what you wanted to be so that you could “serve Him more faithfully”??? I know I have. Reality is that He made us into the vessel that He could best use.
There are several forms that a vessel can take, platters have wide mouth and do not hide what they are called upon to showcase. In God’s service, pastors who proclaim the truth might take this form. On the other hand a wise teacher may take the form of a gravy boat who pours out the goodness that has been poured into them at the proper time. Another person may take the form of a cup that brings the living water to a dry and thirsty people such as missionary.
You may be beautiful and I am plain. You may be tall and slender in His service as a bud vase that showcases the beauty of the Lilly of the Valley. I, on the other hand am a plain service piece.
The point is that we are all important to the Potter for the purpose for which He made us. We are all called to serve faithfully the one who created us for His glory.
MT
No comments:
Post a Comment