Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Crazy Kids!

I know Grace is a little big to still be sucking her thumb and longing after "yellow blankie", but with all the transitions over the last 3 years it is just not something we have even addressed....

From the time she was able to crawl/walk she would pine after "yellow blankie" and "kiddy" on laundry day. She always wanted to know when they will "be out". Well, now that we do not have a dryer, the question is..."Are they still wet?" Yesterday, I was not thinking and hung them just outside her bedroom window. I laughed so hard when I found her hanging out the window "lovin" on blankie....I just had to take a picture.

Not to leave William out of the cute pictures.... While living in VA, his teacher suggested that we find him a "quite time" place to retreat to when he feels a little stressed from a new culture and language. We found this wonderful "bean bag" chair. He LOVES it. I often find him snuggled down with a book. What a sweetheart!
Bragging On My Kids Again,
AT

1 comment:

J.A.C.K.Z. said...

How is it our boys start this transition of stages? Seeking those moments of solitude, crossing their ankle over their knee... Where's the toddler I saw yesterday with his feet spread-eagle before him with cars piles around? Still there sometimes, but now with itty bitty leg hair! We of course are praying for you all, but often hone in on Matt and William. We look forward to you and Grace beaming with pride for the men in your life and how they are molded as leaders (like you don't beam already?!?!)