I did not intend to make a blog out of this, but since it would not send via email to the grandparents, I am posting it for them. We have decided to give the kids a weekly allowance. We are hoping to teach them good stewardship, giving, saving, etc. It is a hard task when our kids are given sweets, flowers, etc. by many of the shop owners and vendors. The kids walk v...e..r..y...s...l...o...w...l...y in front of choice stores. AND I guess they have to go through the spending poorly phase first....that is all they can think about right now.
Well, I take that back, William has his eye set on getting a special knife, so he is only spending half and talking about saving....we'll see. He also is my giving child, so he has already offered to by the groceries this week....very sweet. Grace has been saving her birthday money. She has been eyeing the Barbie items. Toys are VERY expensive here. She was able to buy what she wanted with 2 weeks allowance and all her money from grandparents.
If you have allowance suggestions, please comment. We do not want this to be something that the kids think that they are owed. We highly value our family as a team. We just want them to learn to handle money. They can get more if they do "special" jobs, etc. Anyway, here it is....silly videos...AT
No comments:
Post a Comment