Friday, February 11, 2011

So what is LOVE?

I know there is always a big debate going concerning which version of the Bible (in English) is the most accurate. As you can imagine, I have an opinion, (LOL) but I'll save that for an upcoming post. For, now I would just like to comment that I REALLY like the down-to-earth way the New International Readers Version presents the famous 1 Corinthians 13 LOVE chapter. We have been using it this month to discuss what love is and what it is not. The kids made love chains and hung them above their doors. Each link lists ways that we truly love. So, what does the Bible say that Love is? Below, I have listed 16 different things that are mentioned in the love chapter. I have also written the comments that William and Grace made about each one.

1) Love is patient. (It waits until everyone is up in the morning to start singing while doing chores. - Grace)


2) Love is kind. (It lets older people go up the elevator even though your legs are really tired. - William)


3) Love does not want what belongs to others. (It is okay that I don't have all the American stuff. Grace)


4) Love does not brag. (It does not tell other people that we got a package from the States. William)


5) Love is not proud. (It does not tell people that my hair is better than yours. Grace)


6) Love is not rude. (It does not pick your nose when someone is talking to you. William)


7) Love looks to the interests of others. (It lets smaller kids follow along and play with you. Grace)


8) Love does not easily become angry. (It doesn't yell at your sister even when she is frustrating. William)


9) Love does not keep a record of wrongs. (It does not keep talking about what others have done to you. Grace)


10) Love is not happy with evil. (You cannot like to be on the side of the bad guys. William)


11) Love is full of joy when truth is spoken. (You should always tell the truth. It makes mom happy. Grace)


12) Love always protects. (You have to watch out for your sister at the park and the store. Someone could try to grab her. William)


13) Love always trusts. (Well, you can't trust everyone, so I am not sure what this one means. Grace) We are working on learning what it means to believe the best about people and still keep ourselves safe.


14) Love always hopes. (You always have to know that the good will come and God will win. William)


15) Love never gives up. (You can't just stop working and say you are too tired to do the right thing. Grace)


16) Love never fails. (You can't just stop loving. God never stops loving us. William & Grace)


Well, I think for 9 and 7 years old they are moving in the right direction. We pray you are showing love to those around you this month. Much Love, AT, WT & GT

1 comment:

andiewade said...

great post, amy! i love reading their thoughts on it :)