Wednesday, February 23, 2011
We Love You!
(NIRV) I Corinthians 13:1-3 & 11)
"Suppose I speak in the languages of human beings and of angels, if I don't have love, I am only a loud gong or a noisy cymbal..." Travis Family: Suppose we learn to perfection the heart language of our people but do not show them love. The only thing that they will hear is offensive noise. "Suppose I have the gift of prophecy. Suppose I can understand all the secret things of God and know everything about him. And suppose I have enough faith to move mountains. If I don't have love, I am nothing at all." Travis Family: Suppose we know the one true God and we know His deep desire for all people to trust in Him. Suppose we know the truth about the only way to God and how to have a relationship with Him. Suppose we have faith that the Lord will make our people group a people that is known for walking in His ways. If we don't have love, our knowledge & faith mean nothing. "Suppose I give everything I have to poor people. And suppose I give my body to be burned. If I don't have love, I get nothing at all." Travis Family: Suppose we give up everything: our lives as Americans, our home, our possessions, our rights, our ability to make an income....Suppose we give our entire lives to serving overseas. If we do not have love, our sacrifice was for nothing. "When I was a child, I talked like a child. I thought like a child. I had the understanding of a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me." Travis Family: It is our desire to not stay as babies in the faith, but to grow and become mighty men and women of God. How can we do this? LOVE! "And He said to him, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'" Matthew 22:37-38 We have had a wonderful month studying and discussing what it really means to love. It is our prayer that the Lord gives us wisdom and strength to live it out. We are SO sorry that the "BIG Heart of Hearts" is not very visible. Our hall is too narrow to get a good picture. Trust me your name is on it! We love you! The Travis Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
beautiful post :)
I love this post and have needed it so badly this week. I love each of you so very much. I hope you have the best time ever with Mama and Daddy and Jan.
Love,
Hi/Alison
Post a Comment