
What a GREAT Daddy/Daughter Date! Grace began asking in March of last year if it was time for us to have our annual Valentine's date. We spend time together; we go places just the two of us; however, Grace has grasped the significance of the two of us taking a special time to "dress-up" and hit the town for a real "Date Night."
When we were in Texas our church always had a dance for us to attend, but, honestly, I had trouble last year finding a way to make our date night special. This year, I decided I was going to make it a

big deal again. After all, she is 7 now, and I think that she will begin having distinct memories of these times rather than simply knowing that we went out together. In an effort to really show her a GREAT night out, I bought her a new dress as a gift while on a recent trip for work. It was red and black with a few sparkly gems. She was able to get new tights and a new shirt from the pazar, and Amy rolled her hair with sponge rollers and put a little color on her cheeks & eyes. We started at the nicest restaurant in town and then went for dessert at a sweets shop. Grace was a

perfect little lady and allowed me to open the door, pull out her chair for her and of course pay for the dinner. I don't know who enjoyed our time together more. I can't wait until next year when we can do it all again! MT

No comments:
Post a Comment