
Worshiping Jesus -
John 12:2-8 - I am humbly reminded today of my place in the Kingdom. I am a worthless slave deserving of eternal death. Sometimes, I confess, I do not approach God Almighty with that posture. I proudly step forward because of the freedom HE gave me, and I forget my place as a bond-servant. The scriptures we are reflecting on as a family today tells us of the story of Mary, the sister of Martha and Lazarus. Mary took a pound of costly perfume of pure nard, and anointed the feet of Jesus. She cleansed His feet with her hair, and the house was filled

with fragrance. This act of worship occurred 6 days before Passover. After living in a culture where people do not bathe everyday, I imagine that it is highly possible that Mary's hair still smelled of the fragrant perfume at the time of Christ's crucifixion and resurrection. What a powerful reminder of time spent at the feet of Jesus. For our lesson today with the kids, we decided to have them smell colognes. There are many studies in psychology concerning smell and memory recall. It is our prayer today that we always remember to approach the throne of grace in humble

worship and thanksgiving. It may be that certain smells remind us to get in a posture of worship - the morning air, the smell of coffee, a fresh rain - whatever the reminder - may we be a people that fall at the feet of Jesus. AT
No comments:
Post a Comment