
In a day & age when everyone's focus is on taking off a few "layers", I say it's high time I put on a few more....No, I am not saying that I am too thin! I could stand to drop a few layers in the fat department for sure, but in the spiritual growth department the Father knows I stand in great need. Recently, some friends of ours came through town and gave the kids "Nesting Dolls". Nesting dolls are the cute wooden toy that has a tiny doll inside of layers of larger and larger dolls. William & Grace have enjoyed playing with them and hiding different surprises in the center. Today, I was reminded of how the Father grows His children. In the beginning, we are the tiny doll. It might be that the only truth we know about God is that He desires a relationship with us, and that He has made a way through Jesus Christ. As time passes, and we spend time developing our relationship, the Father is generous to layer us more and more with Himself. I am so thankful for the precious love that the Father delights in pouring over us in nourishment.
Spending Time At His Feet,
AT
No comments:
Post a Comment