Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

In the past, St. Patrick's Day was just a day that I tried to remember to wear green...no one wants to be pinched all day long! However, last year in our homeschool history curriculum, we studied a little bit of the life of Magonus Sucatus Patricius. We were really moved by his heart for the unreached and his "down to earth" ability to meet people where they were to share Christ. I just assumed that St. Patrick was Irish...that shows you how much I paid attention in school! St. Patrick was British. He was taken as a slave to Ireland when he was a youth. He learned to trust God during that time, and several years after his escape, he returned to Ireland to share truth. One of his most famous ways of sharing was by using a clover. The shamrock was sacred to the Duird people, so St. Patrick used it to explain the trinity and the gift of salvation. Today, in our family, we are using the "holiday" to remember those around the world and those that have gone before us in sharing the good news. A big pinch to everyone not wearing green while reading this - find someone today that needs to hear good news!

AT
Pictures: The kids made 3D clovers and practiced sharing the gospel. I also found green chocolate covered almonds at a little hole in the wall market - LOVE IT!

No comments: