Sunday, July 12, 2009

William Discovered "Nate The Great"

Matt was able to get our bookcases secured to the concrete walls (we have earthquakes here), so the kids and I were able to organize our craft and school supplies. Once unpacked, William immediatly set to reading the chapter books assigned for this year. (I guess we'll need to find more for the Fall!) His favorites this week were Mrs. Piggle Wiggle and Nate the Great. It looks like there are more books in each of these series, so we'll have to see if Amazon can ship overseas. For those of you that have read Nate the Great books, you'll remember that he is a detective that solves kid's mysteries; he also LOVES pancakes! There was a recipe in the back of the book for special detective pancakes. This morning for breakfast I surprised William with this special meal.

We cannot find "syrup" here (or jellies/jams) but they have wonderful preserves. We put strawberry over it....YUMMMMM! Hope you enjoy the sticky smiles!
Because of Him, AT









































No comments: