Friday, July 17, 2009
Friday Night Take-Out
Today was an adventure. I had hoped to save us some money by
getting a used vacuum cleaner from a friend. I knew that it was on its last leg, but I had hoped that we could get by with it for a little while. Well, my new wool rug did it in! (No, laughing....I know I am not having luck with rugs right now!) Yes, I blew up the vacuum cleaner and cut off part of the electricity in the flat in the process! Matt fixed the electricity - just a breaker issue -
and we decided to head across town to the mall to find a vacuum. We found one on sale that is hopefully a good brand and proceeded to haul the thing back across town on the minibus. It was a long crazy/hot trip that put us back here at the flat just in time for dinner....After opening the salon window and finding there was no breeze, I decided I just didn't think I was physically going to be able to stand in the hot kitchen. 
We either needed to wait and eat dinner at 10pm or figure out something for take-out. We had eaten last week at the restaurant where the workers had rescued and return my purse (read A few random things from our first 10 days for the story). It was wonderful food, and we realized that you could get things to go. Matt went in tonight and they were so helpful. He came home with a pizza. It was cheese and beef with tomatoes and a wonderful sauce. They made it all right in front of him. The crust was awesome. Matt also brought home my new favorite thing.....Baklava!
They make all kinds. The chocolate was yummy, but the original was heavenly. I have had the kind of baklava that people send you at Christmas with a basket of fruit....that is usually awful. This was flaky, sweet, rich...amazing! Come visit us and I'll buy you some... AT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
These are awesome! keep the pictures and stories coming! Y'all look like you are having a blast! :)
Post a Comment