Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Because of HIM

I don't want to call William a "little man" because I so desperately do not wish to take away any of his childhood; however, my little boy is growing so much. He often has wisdom beyond him. I know that the Father is speaking to him and truly working in his life.

Our family has been strategically visiting all the shops that surround us. We are looking for friends, possible language helpers, people of peace, and just trying to figure out how to get our basic needs met. We have been abundantly surprised by all the doors that God is opening. However, it came as a harsh reality last Friday when rejection was abundantly clear. It happened the third time that I had tried to shop in a small grocery store closest to our building. The first two times I noticed that the owners were not helpful, but on this visit we were shunned and most defiantly rejected. William and I were alone. I won't go into the details, but even with a little language we new we were not wanted. William looked at me at one point in the store and said, "This is a dark place." Since I already had the few things I wanted, I decided to not look around any longer and just leave. We paid for our items and were trying to bag things to leave when William was grabbed and shoved towards the door. Of course, my heart was racing, and I was furious! But of my sweet William.....

Once on the street, he looked at me and said, "Momma, we cannot expect everyone to love us and want what we have. We'll find another store." As he patted ME on the arm, I wanted to cry. I should be the one comforting him!

We walked back to the "sweets shop" next to our house to order a little baklava. The man hugged, kissed William (and I guess told him he was happy to see him again!) and gave him some fruit baklava to try. William said, "See Momma; it's okay."

He is right; it is "okay". God is in control. We found another store a little way from our flat, but not too far. It happens to be a better store all around. (more variety, a helpful butcher, etc.) BUT more than that we are growing and learning and allowing the Father to work in and through us. We are truly grateful for this adventure even on the hard days!

AT

1 comment:

Rick Boyne said...

Hang in there; we'll talk about it together tonight here in Wagoner.