Thursday, May 8, 2008

Loves me too much!

I called my best friend from college, Eric, the other day when I was frustrated with a situation and asked him to speak truth over me to help with my perspective. He told me several things that have been churning inside of me for the last couple of days and I wanted to share some of it with you.

He said that even in the tough times, when it is easy for us to feel like God is silent, He is still on our side and has promised He will never leave or forsake us. The real kicker for me was when he said, "Matt the weight you feel is nothing compared to the weight you may have to carry later. You see, God loves you too much to send you to the next step unprepared." WOW!!! That is a new perspective for me to wrap my brain around. How much does He love me? More than enough to put me through basic training in preparation for the battles I will be in down the road. What are you going through today that you are frustrated that God has not pulled you out of yet? Thank Him today for the training He has offered to you as His child so that you are ready for the battles ahead.

MT

No comments: