Did that title catch ya? Are you ready for some life changing, amazing news...
You are? Do you want me to just spill it out right now, or would you like for me to go on and on for a few paragraphs....
I could tell you how much I love my news. I could tell you about how much my news has changed my life; how much it helps me in my present life and that it has given me a different future. I could write loads of sentences about how much my great news is really the best "deal" ever and that anyone can have the same news.... Yes, I do believe I could go on and on and on...
Is that what you want, or do you want me to just spill it so that you can be in the know?
Okay - here's the news: "That Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures." (I Corinthians 15:3-4)
And to make the news a littler sweeter; I would like to add: "Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)
Yep, it's that simple. That is the good news in basically 2 sentences. I have no other news that is better or will ever be better than this news!
As Believers, we know this good news, but when asked if we are actively sharing the gospel (good news) we somehow go into freak out mode! And the excuses begin: Well, I don't have all the answers....I am waiting for the right time...I am showing the news with my actions...I am inviting people to church and Christian events...
Yes, I know that timing and relationship is important when speaking truth into someone's life. No, we don't want to be offensive in our sharing....BUT don't be fooled, the good news may offend some people. HOWEVER, it is still the GOOD NEWS! It is truly the only good news. If we really believe that, we will share, share, share!! AT
You are? Do you want me to just spill it out right now, or would you like for me to go on and on for a few paragraphs....
I could tell you how much I love my news. I could tell you about how much my news has changed my life; how much it helps me in my present life and that it has given me a different future. I could write loads of sentences about how much my great news is really the best "deal" ever and that anyone can have the same news.... Yes, I do believe I could go on and on and on...
Is that what you want, or do you want me to just spill it so that you can be in the know?
Okay - here's the news: "That Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures." (I Corinthians 15:3-4)
And to make the news a littler sweeter; I would like to add: "Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)
Yep, it's that simple. That is the good news in basically 2 sentences. I have no other news that is better or will ever be better than this news!
As Believers, we know this good news, but when asked if we are actively sharing the gospel (good news) we somehow go into freak out mode! And the excuses begin: Well, I don't have all the answers....I am waiting for the right time...I am showing the news with my actions...I am inviting people to church and Christian events...
Yes, I know that timing and relationship is important when speaking truth into someone's life. No, we don't want to be offensive in our sharing....BUT don't be fooled, the good news may offend some people. HOWEVER, it is still the GOOD NEWS! It is truly the only good news. If we really believe that, we will share, share, share!! AT
No comments:
Post a Comment