or at least we can hope that they do....
April was a tough month for our family - and I don't mean weather wise. Actually, we keep hearing that the UAE has had more rain and milder weather than anyone can remember. If that is true, I know it is a blessing because with everything else emotionally in my life...I don't think I could have taken the heat!! I know God does not want me to "get out of the kitchen", so yes...yes, I am counting the weather as a merciful gift from Him!
So rather than stand in the rain and discuss how wet it is, I have decided to look for the flowers, smell the roses and search for new life.
How?
Well, literally at first....
I have never been one to have a "green thumb"; however, with living more inside due to the direct sun and heat, we have decided to try our hands at tending potted plants. I know that they are good for cleaning the air as well as our general emotional health in seeing life grow around us, so we have jumped right into the world of houseplants. I believe we have started "safe" right now. We have some ivy, and a few other varieties that we have been told are hearty. We'll see..
Should you find this area a joy in our own life, please - please, email me! I would love advice!
Physically...
For mother's day, we decided to take the kids to a cluster of 4 museums: Animals of Arabia Zoo; Animals of Arabia Petting Zoo; The History of Arabia and the Botanical History Museum. It only cost the equivalent of about $10 for our whole family! AND the best part...it was all inside (air conditioned!). We had tons of fun! Everything was hands on. The kids loved "becoming bees" in the Botanical Museum and learning about how much we depend on plants in our everyday lives! God created our world so special. What a good God we serve!
We hope to visit the new Miracle Gardens in Dubai this fall. Click Here to see pictures....anyone want to come for a visit and go with us?!!! You are more than welcome! Beautiful!
Spiritually...
I am trusting that the One that is the Rose of Sharon/Lily of the Valley (Song of Solomon 2:1) is using all the circumstances in my life to grow me, strengthen me and challenge me. I am claiming, Isaiah 58:11, "And the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail." I know I am not to worry over life circumstances because HE cares for the lilies and how they grow. He will surly provide and take care of us. (Luke 12:27-28; Matthew 6:28)
Yes, I know we all face challenging times. April's showers sometimes seem like floods, and the ruts they make in our lives seem to be too deep to fill; however the SON is always there. We use the experiences of April to serve Him in May.
Choosing to bloom and grow....AT
April was a tough month for our family - and I don't mean weather wise. Actually, we keep hearing that the UAE has had more rain and milder weather than anyone can remember. If that is true, I know it is a blessing because with everything else emotionally in my life...I don't think I could have taken the heat!! I know God does not want me to "get out of the kitchen", so yes...yes, I am counting the weather as a merciful gift from Him!
So rather than stand in the rain and discuss how wet it is, I have decided to look for the flowers, smell the roses and search for new life.
How?
Well, literally at first....
I have never been one to have a "green thumb"; however, with living more inside due to the direct sun and heat, we have decided to try our hands at tending potted plants. I know that they are good for cleaning the air as well as our general emotional health in seeing life grow around us, so we have jumped right into the world of houseplants. I believe we have started "safe" right now. We have some ivy, and a few other varieties that we have been told are hearty. We'll see..
Should you find this area a joy in our own life, please - please, email me! I would love advice!
Physically...
For mother's day, we decided to take the kids to a cluster of 4 museums: Animals of Arabia Zoo; Animals of Arabia Petting Zoo; The History of Arabia and the Botanical History Museum. It only cost the equivalent of about $10 for our whole family! AND the best part...it was all inside (air conditioned!). We had tons of fun! Everything was hands on. The kids loved "becoming bees" in the Botanical Museum and learning about how much we depend on plants in our everyday lives! God created our world so special. What a good God we serve!
We hope to visit the new Miracle Gardens in Dubai this fall. Click Here to see pictures....anyone want to come for a visit and go with us?!!! You are more than welcome! Beautiful!
Spiritually...
I am trusting that the One that is the Rose of Sharon/Lily of the Valley (Song of Solomon 2:1) is using all the circumstances in my life to grow me, strengthen me and challenge me. I am claiming, Isaiah 58:11, "And the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail." I know I am not to worry over life circumstances because HE cares for the lilies and how they grow. He will surly provide and take care of us. (Luke 12:27-28; Matthew 6:28)
Yes, I know we all face challenging times. April's showers sometimes seem like floods, and the ruts they make in our lives seem to be too deep to fill; however the SON is always there. We use the experiences of April to serve Him in May.
Choosing to bloom and grow....AT
No comments:
Post a Comment