Really, where does the time go? It is hard to believe that yet another year has passed. Despite an emotional fall; a middle of the year move; seeing their father put in jail and subsequently deported; and living under the pressure of yet another possible move (this time to a totally different country), the kids did amazingly well in completing 4th and 3rd grades. I am amazed at how resilient they are! I have wanted to fall apart for them on many occasions!! Of course, we still have subjects that are shaky and need firming up this summer/beginning of next year; but, overall, I am amazed. God is good!! I am so thankful to be allowed the privilege of being on this journey. One day at a time, one step at a time, HE gives us exactly what we need. I confess, at times I "feel sorry" for the kids when I think of all the things that they are "missing"... and the fact that they are stuck with just one teacher who cannot even begin to give them everything they need!! However, in those moments I am sweetly reminded of the ONE who supplies all of our needs. The ONE that makes a way. The ONE that never calls us to a place that HE does not equip us for the life HE has chosen. Yes, there are areas that my kids if measured would fall short of the mark, but I am walking with confidence in the things that we are all learning along this road that will run far in compensating for anything "missing". AT
We would truly appreciate your prayers and words of wisdom in this area. Each year is a new challenge, and we really do try to simple sit at the feet of the Father. However, we know that many of you have training and are gifted in the areas of teaching, education and home schooling. Please, as you think of us, pass along ideas, tips and helps. It will be openly received!
No comments:
Post a Comment