I love Veggie Tales. I know they are silly cartoons and slightly annoying. It really goes against my personality to watch them at all, and yet there is something crazy that captures my attention. We had to leave most of our Veggie Tale movies in the States because they were VHS, but one of the movies we brought on DVDs is entitled "Larry Boy and the Bad Apple." The breakdown of the show is that an Apple/spider creature is out to take over a town by causing people to get entangled in her webs of temptations. She preys on people's weaknesses and drives them away from their important jobs. Isn't it funny how the Lord works in our lives sometimes?! As I was reading through Timothy, I was suddenly convicted with II Timothy 3:6 "For among them are those who enter into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins, led on by various impulses." Instantly upon reading the verse, I thought of "Larry Boy and the Bad Apple". We had just watched it the day before! What sins are in my life - weighing me down - allowing the enemy an opportunity to take me captive? Honestly, I am ashamed to say that there are several areas that the enemy can easily use to "captivate" me and lead me away from being effective in ministry, as a wife and as a mom. I have recently been challenged in those areas by several people to begin evaluating what I need to "put off" and "put on". Romans 13:14 says, "But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh..." I know in my flesh right now I am quick to be offended and quick to offend. When I am walking in my flesh I am quick to make poor choices and allow the enemy a foothold. Ephesians 4:24 says, "put on the new self, which is in the likeness of God and has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth." Do I choose each day to put on my new self that God over time is molding and shaping, or do I choose to get lazy and pick up my old self and act content with lukewarm obedience and transformation? Colossians 3:12 & 14 says, "So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; (14) Beyond all things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity." May I surrender my heart in every moment of every day to walk in love. May I not be a woman that is "led by impulses", but is solidly and faithfully steadfast in Him!Yes, I am a closet Veggie Tales fan, AT
No comments:
Post a Comment