
I'm sorry it has been a couple of weeks. I'll write several blogs to make up for it. We attended the annual company meeting for the first time, September 8-14. We stayed in our country, but we were able to get out of the city and head about two and a half hours up into the mountains. The weather was beautiful and cool. It was a nice change. It was great to meet other company members that have a heart of the same people we do. It was wonderful to hear what the Lord is doing. We were also truly blessed by a group from the states that came as volunteers to minister to our children. They did a VBS type program with them from 8:45 - 5:00 everyday. They had a BLAST!

They called it "Hotel School", and I am sure it will be a highlight every year. It is a treat to be able to worship in a "church" type setting and have a children's program. It was also reassuring to know that while we were in all day meetings, our children were being loved on and ministered to. All of the children involved attend house churches; some of them only in a native language. It is a treat to be around other children like themselves and speak/sing in English. If you are looking to do a short term volunteer trip anywhere in the world, I can testify that this was a true blessing to us and would be to any other group.

William & Grace are enjoying living on the 5th floor of an apartment building, but they were even more thrilled to be at such a high elevation in the mountains. They loved to open our window and let the clouds roll in the room. I have attached a video of it. The noise you hear is some construction below.
One of the adult highlights of the week was a "treasure trunk". They had drawings throughout the day, and if your name was called, you were able to pick a treat. (a treat being things that we are not able to find in our areas) i.e. Jiff peanut butter; cake mixes; Dr. Pepper, etc. It was really funny to see how excited grown adults could get over a bag of Twizzlers. I was the proud recipient of 4 Dr. Peppers. I tried to ration them out, but with 4 in our family they were gone in in a little over a week.

Blessings, AT
No comments:
Post a Comment