The streets of a big city are just crazy at times. There are places that I have walked by every day for almost two months that I am just now noticing because the times before I was mostly watching my feet! I cannot count how many times one of us has turned our ankle. Someone will be on crutches before it is all said and done that is for sure. As most of you would guess, Grace has the hardest time not tripping or running into things. She almost knocked herself completely out by running into a tree the first week we were here. She has tripped over curbs, stairs and countless obstacals. There is just so much to see and distract a person. Trying to help her and keep her safe, I have been holding her hand very firmly. Of course, this has brought about many complaints from my flutterfly. I gently remind her over and over that if she would simply hold tightly to my hand she would be safe, and I would not have to be so firm.

Today, as we were walking, it occurred to me that the Father says the same thing to me when I begin to loosen my grasp. How many times am I distracted by the things of this world? How many times do I take my eyes off of what is important? What do I set my eyes on that distracts me from His path? I am so grateful that He is holding tightly to my hand. I am thankful that He is willing to chastise and be firm when I begin to stray. I know I will never be out of the Father's hands. Because I have accepted His son as Savior, I will always be secure in Him. His hold on me is never ending. Now, if I will faithfully hold daily to Him, I will walk in peace and freedom. I will not grow weary for He will guide me and carry me forward.
"For such is God, Our God forever and ever, He will guide us until death." PS48:14
AT
Psalm 48 - Our God great and greatly to be praised!
1 comment:
It is amazing how our Father holds tightly to us, thanks for reminding me to hold tightly to him. I love you, Ms. Jeffery
Post a Comment