Saturday, January 5, 2013
Come
I pray that everyone has had a wonderful start to the new year. I know that the flu is touching many homes, but I hope that you have all had time to praise the Father for the year that has ended and have begun thanking Him for what He is going to do in 2013. Good or Bad - He is in control. As I was finishing reading through the Bible last year, I was struck with a verse in the last chapter of Revelation. "The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." And let the one who hears say "Come." And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost." Rev. 22:17 Re-read that several times if you need to. It is powerful when you break it down. I think as Believers it is normal for us to quote "The Great Commission". "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations....." Matthew 28:19 The word go seems in great contrast to the word come. I do believe that we are all called to go into the world and participate in "the great commission". It was a command not a suggestion. However, I was intrigued by the word come in Revelation. In this case, I don't believe that go and come are opposites. I think that come is simply taking us into a deeper meaning of our calling as Believers. The word come suggests a more togetherness. In my mind, It exudes the feeling of being in fellowship. I love that it says the Spirit AND the bride (the church/believers) say come. I think that many people give an excuse for not witnessing by saying that it is the job of the Holy Spirit to draw people to God. This verse would seem to indicate that we (the bride) are to say to people, "Come." as well as the Spirit of God. As the verse continues, I believe it shows us a picture of a person asking Christ to come into their life. The hearer says, "Come." God does not require a fancy prayer, certain words or a special ritual. We simply have to ask Him to come. Amazing! The verse goes on to say that anyone who is thirsty can come and anyone who wishes to take the water of life without cost can come. Wow, how often do people think that they need to clean up their lives before they can seek God; how often do they try to "do" something to pay for salvation. God simply says that if you are thirsty come; if you wish to have the water of life for free come! Father, help us this year to be people that in our going we say, COME!" AT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment