Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day







I am not sure why I have always really liked this day.  Maybe it is the little bit of Irish blood I have, or perhaps just that I love to celebrate even on "small" holidays.  Our family had a wonderful day remembering the life of St. Patrick and those that have given their lives for the furtherance of the gospel.  Of course, the day had to be all green.  The kids decided to sleep in green pajamas so as to avoid getting pinched first thing in the morning!  Smart - because I would for sure do it, and they know it!!  LOL!  For breakfast we had cinnamon roll pancakes with green icing; lunch I tried to make healthy to redeem all the sugar eaten earlier, so I made a spinach salad served with homemade chips; dinner was a traditional "Shamrock Stew" with "Irish Soda Bread"; snacks in-between included chocolate cupcakes with pistachios, green popcorn and the traditional green jello with fruit salad!  We had a lot of fun with games throughout the day.  We had a treasure hunt, a puzzle to solve and a guess who holds the "true treasure" mystery game.  We also spent time in song, prayer and thanksgiving.  I love taking the small moments and using them to celebrate the One who is worthy of all PRAISE!  AT 

No comments: