Saturday, March 10, 2012

Live it WELL

Matt and I have been looking for new music.  It has almost been 3 years since we left our beautiful home state of Texas.  We truly miss our wonderful worship leaders.  They were always so great to keep worship fresh, moving and alive.  Recently, God has really been laying on my heart the concept of how to live the life that He has called me to well.  Not just live the life, but live it WELL.  What does that look like, and how can I make my time spent in personal worship more fruitful spurring me on to life that is lived "well"?  John 10:10b says, "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."  He does not just want to give us life.  When we are born into His Spirit we are given the opportunity to have a life of abundance....a life of well living.  Please don't hear me saying that I am jumping on the "health and wealth" wagon; no my eyes have been open to too many other things over the past few years.  I believe God does heal; He does provide and He does desire to give to us in abundance, but the number one thing He wants to do is receive glory.  How will He receive glory from my life? 1 Chronicles 16:29 says, "Ascribe to the LORD the glory due His name; Bring an offering, and come before Him; Worship the LORD in holy array."  I am discovering that if I am actively seeking to give Him glory, my life will be  well.  You may remember the hymn "It Is Well with My Soul" by Horatio G. Spafford.  If you have time click on the link for the song and history of this beautiful hymn.  I am always moved by people like Mr. Spafford that despite walking through tragedy after tragedy they still remain totally sold -out to serving the Lord and giving Him glory.  Their life is "well" despite deep loss.  They are alive in Christ.  For those of you that are not "hymn" people.  In our looking for new music; we have recently come across some songs of a new and up-in-coming artist.  His name is Hunter Thompson.  I believe this one is written by Matt Stinton and Bethel Music, but Hunter Thompson is performing it here: This is what you do.  Though not as poetic as a hymn,  I am challenged by the simple phrase - "This is what You do; you make me come alive!"  I do desire to be ALIVE in Him and live this life WELL for His glory!!  AT
PS: The boat picture is just one of the cool things we get to see crossing the Bosporus each week.  I put it in this post because of the hymn reference.   

            

No comments: