
...but I think I am becoming a cat person. I NEVER thought I would say that, and yet the words are out. I know it is still a bit early...we'll see when the "new" wears off, but for now we are very happy with the newest member of the Travis Family. For those of you that did not read it on Facebook, yes, we rescued a street kitty again. (You might remember we did this last year with very sad results.
Click Here for the story.) I know cats have their issues, and we will have to address jumping on furniture, scratching and hair balls, etc. when it occurs in the future, but for now this kitten

seems like a wonderful (& super easy) pet for a 7 year old. Truth be told the whole family (even Matt!) is enjoying the new addition. Matt says it is because she acts like a dog. She follows us around the house. She always wants to be in the same room as the family. She is the source of constant laughs as she pounces the fringes of the carpet, climbs in and out of her box and attacks her own tail. However, she has also scared us to death by jumping up onto the balcony railing. We are on the 8th floor! I don't think she would ever consider jumping, but she has a lame back leg. She

could fall off....any suggestions?? Today is the first day of fall and our first day of rain in her lifetime. (4 months we think) She was very confused. She likes to nap on the balcony rug, but this morning she would go out and run back in and look at us as if we were doing something mean to her. I confess it was pitiful and comical at the same time. Grace has named her Ginger, but since she does not speak English we mostly call her "Zencefil". She is helping us with transitioning to an ease in communication in a foreign language!! A live in tutor...constant practice!! She has

decided to sleep at the foot of Grace's bed. The other night I heard Grace speaking to her in her sleep. I am so glad that Grace has moved to dreaming in a foreign language!! Now, if the rest of us can transition to that level, we'll be doing good! Okay, so I may be turning into a cat lover, but in order to avoid being a "crazy cat lady" I promise to not constantly write about the cat. AT
No comments:
Post a Comment