Thursday, July 29, 2010
Well we're moving on up....
...to the East side...to a deluxe apartment in the SKY....well we're moving on uppppp... Okay, anyone singing with me? Am I the only one that remembers the Jeffersons? Yes, I confess that I am just that goofy. Every time someone says, "moving up", I hum or sing that song even if it is just in my head. Well, for us it is kind-of true. We are moving from what is considered the American 5th floor to the 8th floor, and we are moving about 18 hours East. However, to say that we are getting a deluxe apartment would be a bit of a stretch, but we are getting (as I mentioned in our last post) what we believe is a hand-picked apartment from the Lord....so I guess that does make it deluxe! If all goes as scheduled, a moving truck will pack up our things this coming Thursday, August 5th. We will fly out that evening and stay with the couple that we are joining. Matt's new job will be helping to run an office supply/book store. We are super excited about all that God is doing in and around that job and opportunity. It is, of course, bitter sweet to leave where we have been the past year. The Father has given us some amazing friendships and experiences. We trust that on this new road of our journey He will be just as faithful and just as powerful in our lives. What an amazing adventure He is allowing us to partake in. We are truly blessed. Thank you for your continued prayers and words of encouragement. The next post will be from down under.... no wait...we're not going that far...AT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, gee thanks Amy, now I've got that song stuck in my head!! LOL :-)
Hope your move goes well!
have you found this country's version of the jeffersons? it has the same set and characters. it's called guzel hayat, or iyi hayat or something like that. (they also have a who's the boss? and the nanny. love it! hope everything goes well with your move!
Post a Comment