Saturday, January 23, 2010

Let it Snow; Let it Snow; Let it Snow!

Palm trees and snow...I love the contrast. This is one of the things that make living abroad so much fun! In the city, it would seem the best way to "play" in the snow is to simply walk down the street. The kids had a great time today getting the snow off cars, trees, curbs, etc. We hit the jackpot with a flatbed truck that was full of good clean powdery snow. In our apartment, we are blessed with 2 balconies so that is a clean playing option, too, but at 5 stories up things have to stay to a very low rumble! I let the kids play hockey with a stick and slipper, and they also had a fun time pretending like they were ice skating. It has been great seeing the snowmen on all the window seals of our neighbors. William & Grace have had a blast waving at all their friends from behind foggy windows. Of course, our electricity and water would have to be on the blitz today, so we are doing our best to stay warm with blankets and layers of clothes...another joy of living overseas! Reports are saying it is going to be like this the next 3 days. (snow + utility issues!) I don't know if you can see them in the pictures very well, but I knit the scarves that the kids are wearing. I am working on Matt's right now, and then I am going to attempt a hat for myself. I am the only one without one and I am going to have to put vanity aside and get warm! Hope everyone is enjoying a cozy January...AT

1 comment:

andiewade said...

those scarves are lookin' good!