Sunday, April 19, 2009

Obeying By Faith

Last week I “graduated” from Bible Study Fellowship. BSF is an international, interdenominational 7 year study of the Bible. (http://www.bsfinternational.org/.) It has been a tremendous blessing in my life; however, there have been times along the way that I have wanted to stop going. BSF requires a lot of time. My second year in the program, William was ill and not yet 2 years old. I was also nursing baby Grace. It was a great struggle to accomplish all I was trying to do at home as well as an intense study. I had decided that I was going to quit the study. However, one morning while finishing a lesson, God clearly spoke to me. He told me that I was not to quit. He was calling me not only to finish the year, but to compete the entire 7 year process! OH BOY! That year we were studying Israel and the Minor Prophets...it was a lot of reading & a lot of new study for me. I had no idea how God was going to get me through! Yet, He gave me so many sweet times with him and promises along the way. By His power alone, even in the midst of miscarrying for the 5th time and being told I had ovarian cancer, I was able to nurse Grace 13 months, care for a sick child, run a home, continue in ministries, etc. etc. and still complete that year in BSF. Only God!

In 2006, God revealed to us that He was moving us overseas. We had no idea what this process was going to look like or where He was sending us. I thought perhaps I was going to a country that had a BSF program. We simply continued down the road of obedience not knowing how He would work out all of the details, but trusting Him in all things. Obviously, it has been a long process and we are just now getting ready to leave the country. Last week, on my last day of BSF my discussion group leader informed me that according to new BSF rules a person can now miss 4 classes and still be considered an active member. There were only 4 classes remaining in the year; she turned my name in as a graduate! Our God is so amazing! When He speaks it is always truth. This is just one of those small things, but when we are faithful to listen and obey, we

receive joy in life under the shelter of His calling, security and blessing. Tomorrow, as we move into this new chapter of life, I am blessed that I have so many things to stand on when times are difficult. I know the road will not be easy, but I know who has paved the road. The pictures are of all the “stuff” we have left in this world.

Because of Him! AT
















1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a blessing you are, and I know that the obedience that you have shown will not be over looked. I look forward to hearing about all the wonderful things God is doing in your lives as you enter into this new chapter, God Bless you and your family as you have set a living example of not knowing first but obeying then understanding, what an inspiration that is, may God keep you and your sweet family safe, healthy and happy on your new journey!