Saturday, November 15, 2008

35 Odd Things About Us

Well, it has been 2 weeks since our last post...not sure exactly what we have been doing...a little of everything I guess. The kids are in their 15th week of school; the holidays are creeping up; and we only have 5 months until we move to Virginia! I have a to-do list a mile long, and honestly, I am feeling a little overwhelmed. We will try to keep the blog updated.



Here are funny facts that I stole off a friend's blog and Matt & I put in our own responses.

Smile today...it's less work than frowning!

AT



35 Odd Things About Us

1. Do you like blue cheese salad dressing?

Matt – Nope!

Amy – No, absolutely not!

2. Do you own a gun?

Matt – A 410 that I got as an 8-year-old

Amy – Nope, but I do truly like marksmanship sports

3. What's your favorite drink at Starbucks?

Matt – Caramel Mocha Frapacino or iced coffee

Amy – Caramel Mocha Frapacino or just their pain black iced tea

4. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?

Matt – Milk in a frozen cup

Amy – OJ

5. Do you do pushups?

Matt – Nope, only pull-ups…to the table that is

Amy – HAHAHA

6. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?

Matt – wedding ring

Amy – I guess I should say my wedding ring, but probably my favorite piece is the first piece Matt gave me…a gold AT pendant.

7. Favorite hobby?

Matt – Pottery

Amy – reading/scrapbooking

8. Do you have A.D.D?

Matt – no

Amy – no

9. What's one trait that you hate about yourself?

Matt – anger

Amy – impatient

10. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment:

Matt – Why do I love Diners, drive-ins and dives so much? Did a Cajun burn there dinner and call it “blackened”? Why isn’t sausage represented in the turducken name when it is in the mix? Amy – I can’t believe I am this cold in TX; I really should be tackling my huge to do list; I wonder what the kids are doing down stairs?

11. Name 4 drinks you regularly drink.

Matt – water, tea, sprite, slimfast

Amy – water; tea; coffee, lemonaide (made w/squeezed lemons, maple syrup & cayenne--Yumm!)

12. Current worry right now?

Matt – finishing school; what is wrong with the van

Amy – Matt finishing school; details in hiring for new adventure; fundraising

13. Current hate right now?

Matt – school

Amy – My extended family has huge needs right now, and I am unable to fix everything for everyone. :(

14. Favorite place to be?

Matt – with Amy

Amy – with Matt

15. Do you like to travel?

Matt – Absolutely!

Amy – YES!

16. What color shirt are you wearing?

Matt – blue

Amy – white

17. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?

Matt – no, too slippery and hot

Amy – no, too cold!

18. Can you whistle?

Matt – Yes but it comes out with a khoo with each “syllable”

Amy – yes, whole songs…wanna hear?

19. Favorite color?

Matt – blue

Amy – yellow

20. If you could, would you be a pirate?

Matt – Argh matey, you be walkin’ the plank!

Amy – for the adventure maybe, but not to steal things from others….

21. What song do you sing in the shower?

Matt – I’m not allowed to sing in the shower…Amy says I sing too loud and everyone except she and I sleep two more hours after we get up in the morning.

Amy – whatever God lays on my heart

22. Favorite girl's name?

Matt – My favorite girls have the names Amy and Grace.

Amy – Grace won in the end when we had a girl, but I hope to have a Malia and/or an Elisabeth one day….oh, who am I kidding…I’ll take any name, any child….know of one that needs a family?

23. Favorite boy's name?

Matt – I had an imaginary friend named Junga when I was little but now my favorite boy is named William. Also fond of Wheeler, Micah, and Jonathan.

Amy – William of course! If we are able to choose again, I like Micah, Andrus and Wheeler.

24. What's in your pocket right now?

Matt – business cards, keys, wallet, glasses cloth, chapstick…oh did you want to know the other pockets too?

Amy – Grace’s hairbow

25. Favorite bedsheets as a child?

Matt – I had Snoopy sheets. (We actually still have them...they are on an extra bed in William's room.)

Amy – can’t remember special sheets, but I had a comforter (my mom still has) that had bright orange flowers on it; I also had (my mom still has) a Snoopy sleeping bag.

26. Worst injury?

Matt – Broken heart and broken elbow…also sprained my ankle several times.

Amy – hearing loss in my left ear due to ear infections; burned/scarred that same ear on a heating pad

27. Do you love where you live?

Matt – Only if Amy lives there too.

Amy – TX; I guess I should say yes to that or else I might not be allowed to return, so I’ll say I love the opportunity to be moving next year on a great adventure, and I’ll be keeping my permanent residence in the great nation of TX.

28. How many TVs do you have in your house?

Matt – See below.

Amy – Well, we are living with my parents right now, so we have more than we should…1 in the den; 1 in master, 1 in our room, and 1 in the garage, but we should get credit for the last one since that is used when walking on the treadmill!

29. Who is your loudest friend?

Matt – My sisters.

Amy – hummm, I’m going to go with my Roberts cousins; when we are all together we can be heard for miles. Ladies, we need a girls’ weekend; it’s been too long!

30. How many pets do you have?

Matt – no pets.

Amy – no pets, but we do have a wonderful mammal hair collection. (homeschool project) AND Grace is making plans to capture a stray cat and make it her own....

31. Does someone have a crush on you?

Matt – Amy…Grace is pretty stuck on me, too.

Amy – Yes, my sweet hubby tells me all the time!

32. What is your Favorite Book?

Matt – Romans.

Amy – hummm, too hard to choose. I love to read. I’ll go with Lori Wick as my fav. author and the Bible as the best “book” ever!

33. What's your favorite candy?

Matt – snickers.

Amy – Lifesavor use to make a sucker that was like a dreamsical. I liked the orange & vanilla or the strawberry & vanilla (I bought these for her for at the hospital for the delivery of William…she had no desire for them -MT).

34. Favorite Sports Team?

Matt – Cowboys.

Amy – Packers

35. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up?

Matt – Is it really already time to get up?

Amy – It’s COLD!



You knew we were odd before you read this, but now you know it for sure!

No comments: