Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Silly Moment

A week ago today, we were putting Grace to bed and could not find Kitty. Kitty is a stuffed cat that was given to Grace her first Christmas. She has slept very few naps & nights without Kitty. Grace was a little sad going to bed without Kitty, but she knows that getting her bed ready is a part of her night time routine. (Grace has the bad habit of hauling her things all over the house!) So, to bed she went with no cat.



Well, we didn't think of Kitty on Sunday until it was time to go to bed again. Where was Kitty? Grace & William looked around a little, but to no avail. Kitty was not to be found. To bed again with no cat...


After that night, Grace never looked for Kitty or even asked about Kitty. I guess she just moved on... WHAT! How could she just move on?


I found myself thinking about it all week....

First, I was sad because what if we didn't find her? She was my baby's first stuffed animal....I have so many memories of Grace cuddled up with yellow blankie & Kitty. Then, I was sad because of Grace's lack of concern for the missing cat. My baby surly still wants to have Kitty...

This can't be happening!



Well, by the end of the week when I was cleaning house, I was determined to find that cat! I looked for it all day with no luck. Then at the end of the day, I just stood in Grace's room and looked around in wonder. We truly have gotten rid of most of our things. I know living in Grandma's house can be crowded at times, but we keep things neat & organized. Where could that silly cat be, and why is it bothering me so!

Then I pulled back Grace's drapes......









I put the drapes back & called Grace. Here is Grace finding Kitty.


Well, I am not sure there is anything more to say. Grace was excited to find Kitty, but I guess she is getting big too fast, and yes, I have to admit, I am getting old and sentimental.


AT


No comments: