Saturday, October 13, 2012

Boldly Going!!

In my last post, I left the question, "How boldly am I entering the Throne Room?" unanswered.  Why?  Well, to be honest, mostly because I have been highly convicted in this area.  I so desperately want a powerful prayer life, but like countless other things (healthy eating habits, a consistent exercise plan, writing letters/notes) it takes a lot of WORK and purposeful planning!  Stephen Olford says, "I would venture to aver that prayerlessness is the most evident and endemic sin in our religious life."  I would agree with that statement in my own life.  Yes, I spend time in the Word daily.  I even spend time praying, but Hebrews 7:25 says that Jesus "lives to make intercession."  If I am to strive to be more like Christ, than I need to be developing a more passionate and active prayer life.  If we study, the life of Christ, He was always in prayer.  The greater the task before Him, the more intently He prayed.  Tom Elliff in his book  A Passion for Prayer says, "The command to pray is not in question.  God's Word abounds with commands, examples, promises and encouragements to pray.  What is missing is the obedient, heaven-bending, hell-binding practice of prayer."  Wow - talk about my lack of faith hitting me square between the eyes!  Where is my obedience?  Do I believe that my prayers can bend heaven and bind hell?  If I do, then where is my practice?  If I am not practicing my beliefs, it must mean that I have a faith issue.  So, it brings me back to my question - How boldly am I entering the Throne Room? --- Not boldly enough!!
 
"14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom [l]every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the [m]saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. 20 Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, 21 to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations [n]forever and ever. Amen." Ephesians 3:14-20
 
"14This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 15And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14-17

May we be emboldened today to step out in faith and powerfully pray!  AT    

Pictures:   The chair at the top was where I was able to spend time with the Lord on our family vacation.  The picture at the bottom was my breathtaking view.  God is AMAZING! 
 

No comments: