Thursday, February 2, 2012

Let it snow; let it snow; let it snow...

Over the last 8 days the Travis family has seen more snow than ever before in our lifetimes. (well, besides vacation spots) The heavens have simply opened up and dropped inches and inches of beautiful white, dry, fluffy powder. It has been a treat to play in it and allow the Father to endear our hearts to our new home. It is interesting how something so "simple" as weather can remind us of how amazing our God is! In Central Asian culture, it is believed that if you get cold you will become ill. Interestingly enough, from my widows this week I have watched so many people leaving their houses layered-up and bundled for Arctic weather stop and look around them to see if anyone is looking and then take a quick handful of the cold delight and throw it at something. Playing in the snow allows even the most "proper" and "dignified" of people to remember the gaiety of their childhood and feel the purity of creation. I am reminded of the hymn, "In His Time". I love the words to this song: IN HIS TIME, IN HIS TIME; HE MAKES ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL IN HIS TIME; LORD, PLEASE SHOW ME EVERYDAY; AS YOU'RE TEACHING ME YOUR WAY; AND I'LL DO JUST WHAT YOU SAY; IN YOUR TIME. (Verse 2) IN YOUR TIME, IN YOUR TIME; YOU MAKE ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL; IN YOUR TIME; LORD, MY LIFE TO YOU I BRING; MAY EACH SONG I HAVE TO SING; BE TO YOU A LOVELY THING; IN YOUR TIME. Lord, I am asking you today just like the white snow has made everything beautiful that you will bring us to love this new city. Change our hearts to be as pure as the snow in our service and witness to those around us. May the life that we bring to you be a lovely thing in your time. AT

No comments: