Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Resurrection Countdown - Day 9

Today we read from John 19:31-37, and opened an egg containing a spear. Yes, Jesus actually died. It was not a trick. He didn't just collapse from exhaustion. To make sure that he was really dead, the soldiers pierced His side. When they did, out came water and blood. Later in the day, William asked why this was proof. Well, since the only "C" I received in college was in biology and Matt had already gone to work, I decided to look it up on the internet. I didn't really find the answer that I was looking for as far as why water being there and not just blood was important. (How did that mean He was already dead?) However, I did find a ton of things on all the symbolism that is represented. It was quite interesting. Again, like yesterday, I am amazed at all the details that the Father has woven together. I won't go into the details; you can Google if interested. Any of my nurse/doctor/biology smart friends are welcome to answer the question for William. I know he would appreciate it. Our family thought for the day is: Think about how much Jesus must love us that He was willing to suffer and die in our place. Praise Him Today - AT

No comments: