Saturday, November 28, 2009

Seated At HIS Table

I pray your Thanksgiving holiday was filled with memories and reminders of all that you have to praise the Lord for in your life. I know our family is truly thankful for the many, many things and ways in which the Lord has provided and graced us. This year on Thursday, we celebrated with some local friends. We were honored that they would want to participate in our holiday. It was a great evening, and a wonderful opportunity to share some of our beliefs and life story. The picture of us at a table is in our home. On Friday, we gathered with a few American friends to share a more traditional meal and time of praise and worship. One of the songs really struck me. I have heard it before, but in light of the last two blogs that I wrote - Chew on this; and What am I hungry for? I was really moved by the phrase: "Once your enemy now seated at your table." Wow, it is truly amazing that a Holy God loves us so much that He made a way for us to not only be in relationship with Him, but to be seated at His table. May I never take light such a wonderful privilege. I am invited daily to dine with the King of the Heavens. Our God is truly good to us. You-Tube has a graphic, but good video featuring the song I mentioned above. The title is Jesus, Thank You. If you do not get You-Tube, you can click on the title of the song lyrics below and hear a portion of the song. (You Tube Video Click Here) The other pictures I wanted to post from our Thanksgiving are of Grace's first pie and our Thank you Tree. Grace helped with a good bit of the cooking this year. She is becoming quite handy in the kitchen. Her favorite job is pealing, but she likes to roll out dough, too. She is so proud of her pecan pie. A special thank you to my Grandma Vera for sending the pecans! The pictures with the hands are of our Thank you tree. Each evening for the month of November, we wrote something that we were thankful for on colored paper where we traced and cut out our hands making them look like leaves on a tree. It was a wonderful visual for all of us to remember all the blessings in our lives. It has also been a great opportunity to share light with those visiting our home. We are truly thankful for all the HE is doing and are daily filled in our walk with Him! Jesus, Thank you! AT
Jesus, Thank You The mystery of the cross I cannot comprehend; The agonies of Calvary ; You the perfect Holy One, crushed Your Son;Who drank the bitter cup reserved for me; Your blood has washed away my sin; Jesus, Thank You; The Father's wrath completely satisfied; Jesus, Thank You; Once Your enemy, now seated at Your table; Jesus, Thank You; By Your perfect sacrifice I've been brought near; Your enemy You've made your friend; Pouring out the riches of your glorious grace; Your mercy and your kindness know no end; Lover of my soul; I want to live for You


1 comment:

amber dayton said...

Love this tree idea! Definately going to steal it for next year. :) I just read down about your sickness these past weeks - SO SORRY that you guys have had such a rough time. I will pray for physical healing & protection for all of you... and that God continues to give you patience & endurance. Your attitude through it all is inspiring. I'm at home w/ a sick little one today, and have been praying minute by minute that I wouldn't be focused on what "to do's" that I'm missing out on, but to focus on what He has planned for me today. Sending lots of prayer your way!