1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? Matt - I come from a family of wrappers with perfectionistic tendencies. Amy - I mostly try to wrap; I am still working on making bows as pretty as Amy Toon. (I think I need another lesson!)
2.Real tree or artificial? Matt - I love a real tree...but love the ease of a fake tree including the fact that the needles stay attached. Amy - I prefer a real tree, but the past 2 years we have had an artificial...not sure what our tree will be like in Central Asia!
3.When do you put up the tree? Matt - As soon as possible after Turkey day Amy - usually, the weekend after Thanksgiving
4.When do you take the tree down? Matt - The day after Christmas or Christmas day if possible...especially if it is real! Amy - depends on if we are having a New Year's party at our house...
6.Favorite gift received as a child? Matt - a sack of ropes...I was in tie-'em-up heaven! Amy - a tape recorder with a message from Santa
7.Hardest person to buy for? Matt - My mom who won't ever seem to say what she wants
Amy - Matt must get it from his mom because every year he says he wants undershirts and socks!
8.Easiest person to buy for? Matt - My wife who serves it up on a platter for me. Amy - very funny...just trying to be helpful! I would say my kids.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Matt - Yes! Two in fact...doesn't everyone? Amy - we actually have more than 2; the others are in my grandmother's attic until who knows when....
10.Mail or email Christmas cards? Matt - We (read Amy) mail cards out. I had never sent a Christmas card until our first year married. Amy - my family (& ours for the last 12 years) has always sent newsletters and Christmas cards....I want to know more about your year other than just the fact that you are still alive!
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Matt - One year I got a shirt from someone with sleeves fit me like 3/4 sleeves. Amy - The first Christmas we were married, I was collecting hummingbird things to decorate my dinning room. Someone I worked with gave me a plastic strange looking bird.
12.Favorite Christmas movie? Matt - The Grinch Amy - A Christmas Carol
13.When do you start shopping for Christmas? Matt - Day after Turkey day or first week of December Amy - We have a ton of b-days in the Fall & the month of December; so usually, I begin trying to make a list and think things through in September....I'm "done" with actual Christmas around the first of December.
14.Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Matt - Only white elephant gifts Amy - I don't think so...
15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Matt - Pie...I'm very fond of pie! Amy - caramel popcorn for snacking and my aunt's dressing during "the meal".
16.Lights on the tree? Matt - I like to have a tree to hold up all of the lights. Amy - yes, yes, lots of lights - colored....come on people, what is the fun in white lights...that almost borders on politically incorrect!
17.Favorite Christmas song? Matt - Blue Christmas...Elvis style! Amy - I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Matt - Either way Amy - I like every year to be different. I guess that is the military kid in me. I like some traditions, but where is the adventure in that? Let's ask the question, "What are we going to do this year?!" Keep things alive!
19.Can you name all Santa's reindeer? Matt - Anyone that knows Rudolph (and I do) can do this with a rather catchy tune! Amy - because of my wonderful husband I know the reindeer, months of the year, days of the week and all 50 states to wonderful "catchy" tunes...
20.Angel on the tree top or Star? Matt - I grew up with an angel but like a bow. Amy - I grew up with a St. Nicholas (not an American "give me something I've been good" Santa) It was to remind us to love others and give to the needy.
21.Open presents Christmas Eve or morning? Matt - Grew up opening on Christmas eve. Now we do it on Christmas morning. Amy - everything in the morning; I like to set aside a special time that the celebration is not about gifts, but about THE GIFT.
22.Most annoying thing about this time of year? Matt - All the weight I gain from the great food (Note the pie comment above). Amy - people that just sign their name on a card...note my comment above. :)
24.Favorite Christmas dinner? Matt - Ham...and pie! Amy - Amen!
25.What do you want for Christmas this year? Matt - A doctoral dissertation wrapped up with a nice bow. If anyone reading this has one or knows of anyone with one for sale...I am willing to pay top dollar at this point. Amy - I'll trash my request and put my share in for one of those, too...not to have personally...just for Matt...so our family can move forward!
We were not too busy to notice that this list did not have a #5 or #23....were you?
MT & AT
No comments:
Post a Comment